Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Your feedback - The results

Buses in Fleet Your feedback - The results

4th January 2024

Thank you for your feedback and ideal bus journey suggestions as your support has helped us to reach an important milestone. 

To date 576 local residents have shared their feedback and ideal bus journey suggestions with us.

As promised we are putting the feedback to good use to help build a better bus future for our and other neighbouring communities.

A Bus Between Fleet, Yateley and Frimley Park Hospital

Since the launch of our campaign in March 2023, to date we have received a total of 454 responses (an extra 172 since last November) from local residents supporting a campaign for a new bus service between Church CrookhamFleet/Train Station, Elvetham HeathYateley, Darby GreenBlackwaterFrimley Park Hospital and Farnborough.

We have also received feedback from residents in Fleet complaining about the number 10 service to Farnborough being full up during morning peak times and hence not being able to get a seat or get on the bus. Other feedback also suggested making our proposed service into a circular route to include Farnborough. 

We have created a map to highlight a possible route. This route is not finalised, but just gives an example of the evolution of our campaign in relation to the feedback received to date. 

The majority of responses still support a timetable frequency of every 30 minutes

71% of responses wanted zero emission buses on this route.

A community based approach

In May 2023 Stagecoach Bus stated that they would not consider our proposals. Thereafter, local residents were asked ‘If our local commercial bus operator decides not to consider our proposals, would you support a community based alternative - operated by the community for the community?’ -  82% of respondents said yes!

Although it would have been easier for an existing bus company to consider our proposals, however, as a result of the Stagecoach Bus decision and local feedback we are now investigating the possibility of creating our own community bus company.

Whilst this may sound like an ambitious challenge, it can be done. Communities in Brighton, Strathaven and Glenfarg have already been successful with starting up and running their own bus companies.

However, to move forward with our proposal we will need to reach a minimum sustainability target to help cover the costs of running a bus service along this route. Currently our sustainability target stands at 33% in support. This represents a major milestone achievement as we’re now a quarter of the way there!

This means that before a service can be considered we need to encourage more local residents, who are in support for these proposals and to help us gather the evidence to prove the demand is out there.

If we reach our next ‘response target’ milestone of 50% we will then begin the process of planning our next stages. Unless one of the existing local bus operators decides to change their mind and respond positively, we plan to create our own Community Interest Company, generate the funding and apply for necessary licensing to get our own wheels turning to improve local bus services.

If you’re in support of this proposal and would potentially use this service in the future please send us your feedbackYour ideal journey feedback will be put to good use to help shape the route, timetable and help turn this campaign into a success.

In the meantime we will continue the campaign with the ambition to encourage a minimum total of 1,300 supporting responses by the end of August 2024.

Feedback from our friends in neighbouring communities

Since the launch of our campaign 124 residents (4 additional since last November), outside the Fleet and Yateley area, from as far as Hartley Wintney, Sandhurst & Aldershot have shared their feedback and ideal bus journey suggestions with us. The feedback received suggested a mix of 21 improvements and new route ideas to other various destinations.

We will still continue to welcome feedback suggestions for improvements or new routes serving our neighbouring communities. However, for these ideas to have a fighting chance of success, each will need their own sustainability target similar to our main campaign for a bus between Fleet, Yateley and Frimley Park Hospital.

If we receive more help and support and succeed with our campaign, we will then be in a better position to further investigate all these other suggestions/feedback, share ideas and offer greater support to help build a better bus future for our neighbouring communities.

Supporting a better bus future

To find out how you can help spread the news please visit our Support Our Campaign page or contact us.

Your comments

Here are some of your comments...

A direct bus route from Darby Green to Fleet (for the main line station,
Hart DC offices or shopping) would be most useful
as presently it requires travelling via three bus routes
with changes at Camberley and Farnborough.

“This is long overdue. There seems to be a deliberate policy to exclude Yateley from Hart.
Maybe we fit into the "too difficult" category?”

When I first moved to this area, we had a regular bus service, but it was discontinued some years ago.
The main concern for myself and my neighbours, is what to do, when for whatever reason you are no longer able to drive?

The current bus routes do not assist and encourage elderly people to use the buses
as there are no services that support large areas of Fleet

Would be really beneficial to have a regular bus service from Blackwater to Fleet.

As a one-car household, a bus to Frimley Park Hospital to get to our monthly
regular appointments would be useful, for times when the car isn't available.
In addition, I would be willing to use a local bus service around Fleet to the High Street, station and Church Crookham,
but only if the service is regular and reliable enough.

I am a student nurse and will struggle to get to Frimley Park Hospital.  
I think a bus running from Fleet to the hospital would benefit many of us in the area.

I live on an over 55's sheltered housing estate and I know it would benefit many of the residents.
I have been here 18 months+ and have been informed that a Yateley to Fleet service
did previously exist and has been missed by many.

A better bus service from Church Crookham to Fleet train station would be good for my husband who works in London.
At the moment the service is not sufficient and doesn't support commuters.
I would prefer to use public transport rather than rely on driving.
Even if the Fleet existing service was extended to Church Crookham this would be beneficial.
With the village growing bus services need to improve.

As a non driver, the lack of buses in fleet cause me considerable travel problems
especially with getting to/from work and other social activities, especially during the winter months.